Sunday, May 08, 2005

The beginning of the end...

I read a philosophy book once written by some guy named Erik Erikson. He said that human beings go through eight stages of psychosocial development and that at each stage we’re presented with a crisis which we must resolve before moving on to the next.
Erik says that we’ll face the biggest crisis when we’re young. Erik calls it the identity crisis. Erik says that we must figure out who we are.
He says that in order to come to a final sense of identity we must explore. We must try out new ways of thinking and behaving. We must research new ways of looking. We must have new ideas. We must hang out with different people. We must listen to a variety of music. We must cover every option. We must try everything.

I've lived in Toronto for the last six months and I think I'm finally feeling comfortable in my own skin. This whole blogging thing is difficult for me because essentially I'm what I'd like to call an 'inner' person. It's very important to me to keep my thoughts and feelings to myself, of course it bleeds into the scripts I write and films I make, but to me that's the point of art.

So I guess this will be a forum for several things for myself. My thoughts and feelings about life, art, and my place in it.

1 comment:

diadima said...

good start, muffin. welcome to the wild and wonderful world of blogging. i'm linking you to my blog as i type.