Saturday, March 07, 2009

1212 - Watchmen


It's been over a year since I last read the graphic novel, so some of the details of this are funnier than others. I went into this not knowing what to expect, and I'm glad I did. What I got was a film that really blew me away. Repeat viewings will solidify it, but I think this is a solid entertaining film that's dense and rewarding. Sure they took liberties with some of the moments, including a key piece in the end, but to be honest, I think that they improved upon those pieces. And the soundtrack is pure fantastic. Unexpected and wonderful. I don't want to give away too much, but if you're at all interested in seeing this, you absolutely must see it in the theatres. Nothing beats watching Rorschach scream out "I'm not locked up in here with you, you're locked up in here with me!"
Really really really enjoyed it.

No comments: