Tuesday, April 14, 2009

1221 - Mad Men: season two


I was annoyed because I swore that there was one more episode left in this season, but then I realized there wasn't. I was looking forward to seeing what happened next and now... damn it! I have to wait! Bah! I really like this show. It's pace is not unlike The Wire, but in a totally different way. Characters fall in and out of your my favor, and in a skillful way, the end of this season saw Pete Campbell coming into a better light where, Betty Draper is now a completely horrible person. She makes Don's infidelities okay because I hate her so much.
Love Peggy Olson. I think there's a lot more to her than the writers have shown so far, which is on full display when a certain someone reveals his feelings to her.
Really look forward to the new season and the fall-out from the merger. I think that this show is smart and has balls. Setting this season years after the first one ended shows that they're not scared to do whatever the hell they want to tell a good story. Looking forward to seeing where this one goes...

No comments: