Friday, January 16, 2009

1188 - Charlie Bartlett


This is a film that grabbed my attention right from the trailer. I was interested in this character. Wanted to see more. It could have been so cliched, but it wasn't, it was lovely. Watch out for this Anton Yelchin kid, I see him doing lovely things. The story is honest about the current climate with kids and medications and how they're feeling. If anything they could have gone a little deeper, but it could have been preachy too. A solid cast keeps that from happening. Downey Jr. and Hope Davis are great, but I loved Kat Dennings here. I wanted to love her in Nick and Nora, but something about those characters just kept it from happening - utterly smitten. I would have done backflips to make this girl love me in highschool. Again, I see lovely things for her, gotta love a girl that throws an Annie Hall "la de da" line into the film. Check it out if you see it in the video store. Sweet, fun film.

No comments: