Friday, July 17, 2009

1249 - Wristcutters: A Love Story


I remember watching the trailer for this years ago and being really intrigued and jealous of such a simple, clever premise. I'm not longer jealous. They've taken what's a goldmine of possibilities and seem to be happy with having found a few minor flakes in their pan.
This film, at 88 minutes, was sluggish. The plot is pretty much non-existent, and the storytelling spends way too much time just trying to be quirky to lead us anywhere nearly as interesting as the initial premise.
I really really REALLY wanted to like this film, but it just wasn't the case. Sadly I can't even really recommend this. I didn't hate this film, I just can't think of anything that makes it worth passing along. Which upsets me. Alas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretentious crap. Tried it, too. I hate that Sossamon chick, she is so fuckin pretentious.