Wednesday, January 16, 2013

1796 - Robin Hood

For some reason or other I still had this on my list for zip.ca - yes I'm still a member - 'cause I have the dirt cheap package and still get new releases faster than netflix - the second that changes - I'm out!  No offense, zip.ca
Once I settled into realizing that this was pure origin story and we wouldn't be getting the typical Robin Hood in the forest story, I was okay with it.  Although, truth be told, I'd watch a sequel to see what they did with that character in this world.  I like the film enough, I didn't love it.  I thought the politics with the French were just a bit much, I wasn't really interested in that so much I was England's internal turmoil.  I like that King John outlaws him because of jealousy and ego, and that makes him all the more celebrated still.
So if you like your big action flicks with a sense of literary flare, this might be right up your alley. 

No comments: