Wednesday, January 30, 2013

1803 - A Good Old Fashioned Orgy


I forgot about this film until I was in a conversation with a friend the other day.  Nothing beats a flick with a catchy title.  A group of friends who have a weekend place that's famous for their constant parties runs the risk of losing their party spot and decides upon a big blow-out by way of an orgy. 
The film's got a great cast and there's some funny stuff going on inside.  I have to say I was delightfully surprised with how all-out the ending gets, but I was also a little disappointed that there wasn't more going on outside of the premise.  Some fun characters, but I never really felt like I got to know their issues, or that this weekend really meant anything to any of them in the long run.  I would have liked to have seen some more heart and a clearer resolution.  It's a good comedy that could have been pretty great, especially considering the talent involved.  Alas.  If you like late-night comedies give it a whirl!

No comments: