Monday, June 29, 2009

1243 - Grace is Gone


I had been really excited to see this film when it first came out, but then I saw Strouse's "Lonesome Jim" and it made me completely uninterested in watching anything else by him. Thankfully my wife really wanted to watch this. I'm glad she did. It's a simple film with a simple story. And it takes it time, not because it's trying to be arty, but because something like this just needs time to deal with. As you watch Cusack thinking you're putting him in his place. What would you say? What would you do? It's not hard to empathize with his decisions, as over-the-top as they may seem.
This is a nice little film filled with nice little moments. Cusack does a nice job here and the girls playing his daughters are simply wonderful. Check it out if you're even remotely interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my personal Top25 of all times.