Thursday, August 20, 2009

TUWOPS: Best. Table. Read. Ever.

So that kicked total and complete ass. We’ve got a cast of about twenty-five speaking roles and all but three actors were available to come. In the course of it’s development I’ve work-shopped this script with actors a few times, but you never use a full cast – you have people double up on smaller roles – so it was amazing to have this big, full room of people, and if I may say so, perfectly cast.

I meant to get a cast photo to commemorate the moment, but moreso because it’s the only time that they’ll all be together. I forgot and some people had to slip away quickly. Alas.

I’m excited. New and wonderful ideas are percolating as a result of the read and if nothing else I’m super stoked to be hanging out with a group of such talented actors for fifteen days of shooting. It’s going to be fast and intense, but it’s going to be awesome.

Met with our entire production crew last night and I finally met my script supervisor today, although I didn’t get a chance to really talk to her at all. Nothing like jumping in with both feet.

Being my first feature as a director I know I should be more nervous but I’m feeling really good about all of this, especially after having seen all the pieces of the cast come together. I’ve got some little things to take care of over the next two days, but other than that I’m going to relax, spend some time with the script, and get ready for the ride of my life.

1 comment:

Jawsphobia said...

Sounds good. So you didn't videotape it?

I'm vicariously very excited this is happening.

One foot after the other. But it looks like you get that.

Have fun. I like the book cover too.