Sunday, August 30, 2009

TUWOPS: Day Six


So I’ve been going on and on about how amazing our cast is. Today was no exception with Alex joining us again, and the addition of Rosemary, Timm, and Kate. But I’d be remise if I didn’t mention how amazing our crew is. Seriously, over the last six days we’ve gelled. Made up from a combination of people I’ve worked with in the past, recently graduated film students, and other recommended professionals, we’re a lean machine. It’s no small feat to shoot almost 12 pages in a single day, even if we are shooting documentary style. But in the last 6 days we’ve shot around 50 pages of the script without working insane days or really going into overtime at all or compromising what we were after. Through simply a combination of shooting style, and a phenomenal cast and crew, we’ve done what a lot of people told us we couldn’t.

So today saw us shooting all of the scenes with Paul’s family, including a big dinner scene – which are legendary for being nightmarish to shoot, but came off pretty wonderfully.

I’m attaching a shot from our over-night bookstore shoot on Thurs since I couldn’t get it up over the weekend. I’m really excited to start playing with this footage.

This week has us shooting for six days in a row. We’ve scheduled it in such a way that every other day has a short, simpler shoot following a longer, more intricate one. Still a few challenges laying ahead, but nothing we can’t handle. I look forward to them all.

No comments: