Monday, August 24, 2009

TUWOPS: Day Two



And there we are. Two days done! Feeling good (except for the 40 minutes I was stalled on the TTC on the way home).

Today we had what is probably one of the more technically difficult scenes. It’s roughly an eight page scene in a park, and there is a story going on in front of the camera and behind, and we shift back and forth in one long take. Of course we shoot it broken up and through the magic of editing it will look like one big long take. However you’re shooting in a city park and so you have no control over the guy cutting the grass, or the crazy people who’ve decided to sit on your rental bench, or the LOUD LOUD insects. Despite all that, we got through it and with time to spare.

Every day I feel a little more comfortable in my role as a director on this, not that I was uncomfortable going into it, but there’s a nice movement going on. Feels good. All right. Gotta hit the e-mail, I have art work to approve, and I want to try cutting together some of the footage before I go to bed.

Above is a shot from a scene today with the lovely Mary Krohnert, and below is from yesterday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's cute.
Even though he looks a bit like Chris Martin, who isn't cute at all.