Thursday, June 24, 2010

1360 - The Promotion


This was a film that interested me back when Ryan and I were first starting to write Speak For Yourself, Asshole, as we have an inner-office rivalry in that film and so I was seeking out others of its ilk.
It's an interesting film. The tone is... well... I think... undecided. It has these moments that are awkward, but not in the fun way that people use awkward humour. The cast is fine, all are better performers than what they dish out here. It just feels a bit flat. Don't get me wrong - there's some really great moments, so nice insights into corporate culture, etc... but the whole thing just feels a tad muddled. I can't really give a strong recommendation either way - if it peaks your interest, go for it, if not, you're probably not missing a whole hell of a lot. Sorry Steve Conrad!

No comments: