Friday, March 22, 2013

1821 - The Trotsky


I've been wanting to revisit this film for some time now and figured tonight was as good a night as any.  This film is just chalk full of actors that I absolutely love Jay Baruchel, Emily Hampshire, Tommie-Amber-Pirie, Jessica Pare, Michael Murphy, Saul Rubinek, the list just goes on and on and on. 
This time around I watched it with the commentary which just made me like Jacon Tierney all the more.  It's an honest, casual commentary with his editor and well worth the listen.  Made me want to revisit the film with the actual sound (which I very well may do).  If you haven't seen this film it's an absolute must see!  A contemporary classic, if you will.  I hadn't planned to make this a week filled with Canadian cinema, but so be it - there are much worse ways to spend my viewing times by far, and this was a great one to go out on.  Be a good person - watch some Canadian films this week!

No comments: