Sunday, March 31, 2013

1822 - The Other Guys


I watched this sometime last week and seem to have forgotten to write about it here.  The premise is a lot of fun and I won't get into the details of the first act 'cause there's a great surprise moment there that I wouldn't want ruined for anyone else.  Wahlberg and Ferrell make a wonderfully unlikely comedy team and the story itself reminds me of all those buddy movies I watched as a kid in the 80's.  What's really wonderful is that the film takes itself seriously as an action comedy - the action is pretty fantastic, but played realistic in the sense that people don't easily walk away from the pain endured.
This has been out for awhile, and I believe it's on netflix - it's a fun flick if you want some solid popcorn entertainment. 

No comments: