Monday, April 08, 2013

1823 - Watchmen (Director's Visual Commentary)

I got the bluray of this for xmas this year and on it is a pretty insane, in-depth visual commentary thing.  Some people panned this film - I loved it.  I thought that Zack Snyder did a pretty kick-ass job of adapting something that's so personal and epic to so many people.  I think he got the heart of it right and that's the main thing.  I prefer his ending to the ending in the comic as it's far more integrated into the actual story itself.  Sorry for you purists - but the squid was kind of stupid - let's be honest.
If you want the kind of experience that really rips a movie into pieces and shows you behind the curtain, this is exactly the kind of thing you'll love.  Although it made me want to revisit the film on it's own - which I'll try to do sooner rather than later. 

No comments: