Saturday, August 10, 2013

1881 - Reservoir Dogs (commentary)


Like all teenagers of the 90's I was in love with Quentin Tarantino, and while I've grown away from that unforgiving kind of love with him, there will always be a special place in my heart for this film.  I rewatched it as reference for something, but also just to hear the commentary again.  It's interesting - instead of a group of people sitting around talking they interviewed a lot of people involved in the production and edited it together over the film - an interesting technique - and probably a lot more informative than just a random round-table discussion would have been.  There's an art form to a good commentary, and this is one worth checking out for film lovers in general, especially if you found this film inspiring at all - which most do.
I'll likely revisit the film on it's own in the near future - but for those who are interested in it's commentary - totally worth your hour and a half!

No comments: