Saturday, August 31, 2013

1889 - iSteve


I watched this film in the background while getting some work done and, sadly, that's about all the attention that it deserves, really.  I'm not sure who the audience is for this film outside of hardcore apple geeks, and then it's just going to offend them to some degree.  What a bizarre little film - it's almost intended to be a piss-up or a roast to Apple.  Maybe the whole point was to just take a piss on the whole thing, and that's kind of what it feels like.  I don't mean to talk shit about this film - Justin Long (as always) was a lot of fun, and had fun within the world - I'm just not sure what the point of the film was for the filmmakers, especially since they were playing pretty hard and fast with the actual facts behind the story.
It's on Netflix, so check it out - I'd be curious to know what other Apple nerds thought of it...

No comments: