Tuesday, November 12, 2013

1937 - Community: season four


So I finally caught up on the Dan Harmon-free season of Community and I know that a lot of the diehards shit on it a lot, but honestly, I don't think it was all that far out of the status quo.  The show is pretty much about fucking with the format, but keeping the characters true to who they are.  The beauty of having such a solid cast is that it makes it easy four seasons in.  And I thought the mucking about with the format was up to par, although maybe they tried a tad too hard in some areas.  Although I enjoyed the Muppets episode, I wonder what Harmon would have done with that idea...
So I'm looking forward to Harmon's return and what he does with the corner's he's been painted into with certain characters having graduated (one who isn't coming back - which I'm fine with - and another who absolutely should come back), and not to mention Donald Glover's much shortened season and how he wraps out...

No comments: