Thursday, November 21, 2013

1940 - Raising Hope: season three


This season really advanced the storylines of all involved and slammed right through the Sabrina/Jimmy relationship story - which is refreshing. I think the days of trying to milk the will-they/won't-they are a bit played and done.  I've always personally felt that there are more interesting stories to be told about people in relationships than their are about people starting up a relationship.  More universal as well.
This show always surprises me by how much I like it.  It's a bit silly, but it's also got some of the best sitcom one-liners currently on television.  The comedy is so tight and smart, but it doesn't show off.  It hits you like a brick and then moves right along.
If you haven't checked this show out yet give it a shot.  Outside of Greg Garcia's inability to let My Name is Earl go and weave it into this series, it's really solid - and the first 3 seasons are on Netflix so you can catch up in no time.