Friday, March 28, 2014

1971 - House of Cards: season two



If you haven’t caught up, stop reading now.  Spoilers abound.  I have to admit that it took me a while to get into the first season of this show, but the second one went down smooth as silk.  Kate Mara’s exit made my jaw drop - and that’s no small feat.  I respect a show that isn’t scared to fuck with the status quo.  It was a move that let you know that this season was going to take no prisoners.  This is character who has literally murdered his way into the most powerful position in the free world.  It’s Dexter with politics, although a stronger, fiercer show - and I just can’t imagine a show would have this title if it wasn’t going to start watching the house topple at some point.  The beauty of where the show is now, and having him on top of the world, is the joy it’s going to be watching him get his.  This is one of the things that make your Netflix subscription a no brainer.

No comments: