Thursday, August 21, 2008

1110 - Cloverfield


I remember having one of those great 'what the fuck was that' moments after seeing the trailer before Transformers. It still amazes me and makes me happy that they were able to keep the film a complete secret. I'd like to think that if they made a sequel they'd do the same thing, no announcement, just suddenly it would be done and ready. You could have it take place the same night with a different group of people... OK... getting ahead of myself.
There's a spot in my heart for this kind of film because of my personal project. I think the cast here was amazing, the party scene that starts the film is really well done. You meet everyone and you care for them all. It's a really great opening. I think this was a really smart and brave way to tell this story and it's inspiring to see it done well and smart.

No comments: