Wednesday, August 27, 2008

1113 - Hard Core Logo


Look at me, I go from no Bruce films to two in one week. Am I a proud Canadian or what? I have to say that this is a heads and tails difference between this and Dance Me Outside. The acting, the visual style, everything about it seems so rejuvenated. This really is a lovely little piece of film and I love that McDonald is creating this little saga of other related films to go along with it. Excited to look out for those. Hugh Dillon and Callum Keith Rennie both give electrifying and interesting performances in a film that relies a lot on subtlety. I definitely need to re-visit this at some point with a more serious critical eye. It's a truly great film. Proud to have a poster of it in my office. Now I won't feel as bad about walking past it.

No comments: