Monday, September 14, 2009

Off to the farm!


My wife's family has a beautiful stone farm house in the outskirts of Kitchener - the above photo is from our wedding, where we had the ceremony. I've got a month and a bit before I start up on a big editing gig (Carlawood: Season 2!), so we decided that as a way to decompress from the shoot, as well as a way to let me cut the film with zero distractions, that we'd pack up and go to the farm for two weeks. No internet, shitty cell phone signals - it'll be glorious!

While I'm up there there will be little to no blog updates - my apologies. I'm going to try to sneak into town and find free wi-fi every few days to keep my e-mail from getting backed up - I'll see if I can't update this thing from my iPhone, but I make no promises. This weekend we're having a 'games night' with some friends, and if it's in a decent shape I'm going to show a cut of the film. Right now the goal is to have a rough cut ready to send to Sundance on the 25th of this month. Sundance is really cool about letting you submit a rough cut and if they reject you, you're still free to submit the finished film the following year. A lot of festivals don't do that. When the film is finished we'll have a big meeting to discuss a festival plan for it.

I'm back on the 28th of September and I'll have a cut to show our investors that week. I'm sending them over a disc with select scenes today to whet their whistle. Exciting times!

No comments: