Sunday, September 06, 2009

TUWOPS: Day Twelve

Holy shit. It’s day twelve. Seriously. Damn. How did that happen…

So no pictures today. I’ll have some to upload after tomorrow’s shoot. In the mean time here’s a magazine mock-up that we’ll be shooting in a scene tomorrow:

So today was a big long day, but oddly it didn’t feel like a big long day. Probably because we spent a decent amount of time outside. Fresh air and whatnot. It’s good stuff.

We didn’t do the usual insane amount of pages we usually do, but we did a lot of scenes and a lot of set ups, and two location moves – and not to mention we shot the end of our film today. I’ll get to that in a minute.

Today we were graced with the talents of Paul de la Rose, Paul Lee, and Aron Tager. All playing parts that support documentary elements of the film. All a lot of fun. We got to shoot a bad commercial today too – which I thoroughly enjoyed. I’ll throw some stuff for that up tomorrow. It’s pretty awesome.

Today also featured the return of Mary Krohnert as the girlfriend-of-the-week. Mary shot with us for a day on the first week, and now we have her for the rest of our shoot. Mary is near and dear to my heart and I’m so excited to have her in this film. We shot her first and last scenes of the film today, which was interesting. All I can say about the first scene is that if you don’t fall in love with her character right away, you have no heart.

So the ending. It’s interesting. Back when I started scheduling the shoot order of the film I put a lot of thought into what I wanted to hold off on and what I wanted to shoot up front. In the end, I’m sure it doesn’t matter as much. Good actors are good actors. That being said I can’t imagine putting the order of this film in any other way. It seems to have worked out perfectly.

I also want to give a shout-out to the weather gods for gracing us with perfect weather for this entire shoot. We’re now indoors for the rest of our shoot – so it can do whatever the hell it wants to!

All right, I want to work on a little video for the wrap-party, so I should get to it. And I want to rest up. Tomorrow it’s Christmas on the set. Can’t wait!

1 comment:

remistevens said...

Do noisy jets count as weather?