Wednesday, September 09, 2009

TUWOPS: Day Fourteen

And so it is. The second-to-last-day. Or should I say evening. Tonight we shot a pretty pivotal section of the film – for those of you familiar with screenwriting terminology it would be “the mid-point”. And tomorrow night we’re shooting the “inciting incident” as well as the “break into act two”. Pivotal, pivotal, pivotal.

So while tonight’s set-ups and camera moves were pretty simple I tried to organize the night in such as way that we’d be able to give the actors as much time as they needed to get the scene down. It’s a five-pager with no real breaks. All on the actors. In the end we didn’t do any more crazy takes than we normally did, and we got some emotionally awesome stuff.

So here we head into tomorrow, the final night of principal photography. It’s all gone so fast in a way. I’m going to miss our crew (they’ll get more specific shout-outs tomorrow), but I’m really going to miss the hell out of Kris. He’s been my rock-star this whole shoot. I’ll gush more about him tomorrow as well when I’m over-emotional from the film’s wrap.

Here’s some of the stuff we shot yesterday. Keep in mind it’s meant to be the character’s home-movies and so the lighting/video quality is intended to reflect that.





No comments: