Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1295 - Up in the Air


Jason Reitman could just be my biggest inspiration/influence in terms of newer filmmakers. He's a force. With each film he gets more refined. To the point where we have this, which is, for all intent and purposes, pretty much flawless from where I stand. From a technical standpoint it's just beautiful. The cinematography is elegant and homemade when it needs to be. Teaming up with the production design it creates a world that looks very familiar to us, eerily so. In my opinion this film is an absolute triumph for all involved and you should see it as soon as humanly possible. In a time where I often wait for films to be on the cheap used rack at Blockbuster, I'll pay full price for this one the day that it's released.
It's a film full of honesty and heart. Subtle humor and great pathos. See it. Please. Please. Please. Please.

1 comment:

remistevensmusic said...

I will see this, hadn't even heard of it til now though. . . .Blockbuster?!? Full Price?!? Jer, I haven't paid for a movie in years! Content sharing on the internet is ever expanding. The big studios need to get with the times and offer their content free with some advertising. That's what Southpark does, and you know what, their one of few outlets making money from my viewership. . . .Besides, I figure the less money flowing toward hollywood the more money left over for guys like us!