Tuesday, December 29, 2009

1300 - Adventureland


My wife and I are on this fantastic role of actually watching films instead of just TV series. I wonder if I'm jinxing myself by even mentioning it. I read the script for this film back when it was on the blacklist a year or so ago, and I remember enjoying it quite a bit. Motolla gets that age group and has a penchant for coming-of-age films. I'm not sure if this one is powerful or funny enough to obtain the cult status of his previous effort but it's a solid film nontheless. It feels real. That's what he's good at, creating characters and performances of people that we all know, or at least I knew growing up. This is a movie worth checking out for sure, but it's not the put-it-on-the-top-of-your-list type film. It's more of a make-sure-you-check-it-out-at-some-point film.

No comments: