Wednesday, December 23, 2009

1296 - Funny People


So I suppose today was my double-feature of director's third outings. I missed this in the theatre. Haven't been keeping as current with the little guy around now. Thank goodness films come to DVD so quickly. It's interesting to see Apatow's directing career and how it differs from his career as a producer and writer.
There's some great stuff in here, so great jokes, and some wonderful insightful little bits about the human spirit. Based loosely on Gatsby this film has much warmth to it. It's long but I didn't feel it as badly as I probably should have. The pace was there. The performances entertaining. I have to admit I have a bit of a crush on Leslie Mann. Rogen and Sandler both at the top of their game.

3 comments:

remistevensmusic said...

I agree, great flick! Usually a long comedy is a groaner, but its true this one stayed interesting right through. . . .

remistevensmusic said...

I agree, great flick! Usually a long comedy is a groaner, but its true this one stayed interesting right through. . . .

remistevensmusic said...

I agree, great flick! Usually a long comedy is a groaner, but its true this one stayed interesting right through. . . .