Sunday, August 01, 2010

1381 - 30 Rock: season three


It's funny, it was only in this season that I realized how terrible the 'show within a show' is. I think I just didn't pay that much attention to it earlier. I really like this show and it holds it's place among very few other love-action series that have gotten away with zany characters and off the way, sometimes very dark, humour. The only other that really comes to mind is Arrested Development. I realize that this series is Tina Fey's baby, and it shows. She's fantastic both in front of and behind the camera. With Carrell's imminent departure from The Office, it's possible for that show to go on - this series would not survive her leaving - her behind the scenes work aside, her character is the glue that holds it together. It was a magical inspirational stroke that put Alec Baldwin in this role, and I daresay it gave him new life in a really good way.
I'll keep watching it as long as they keep making it.

No comments: