Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TIFF 2010


Now don't get too excited! For those of you in the Facebook group for "The Untitled Work of Paul Shepard" you know that we, sadly, did not get invited to the Toronto International Film Festival. We have been accepted to a bunch of amazing festivals so far, some we've announced, others we've been asked to hold off announcing - so stay tuned for that!
The reason I'm posting about TIFF is that I am being recognized in the Irving Avrich Fund for emerging talent in Canadian filmmaking. Which includes, amongst other things, an industry pass to the festival, which gets me into the press and industry screenings of all the films, which is pretty damn awesome. So I want to thank all involved for giving me this opportunity. The schedule for TIFF is up and I'm figuring out how to maximize my schedule. There are so many great films in this year's lineups, and a bunch of them will also be at other festivals I'll be attending in the upcoming weeks, so that might help my decision at what to see at TIFF. I'll keep you all posted.
Keep checking back as I'll be announcing the screening dates as well as additional film festivals in the very near future. And if you haven't joined our Facebook group yet - what are you waiting for?!

No comments: