Tuesday, August 10, 2010

England - Day Four

Another sleep-in morning for Ephraim! Huzzah!


Today was out first day with traditional English (rainy) weather. So we planned to spend it going to places that were advertised as being good "rain or shine". Today seemed to be another day filled with animals, but we're trying to do things that keep Master Ephraim happy. So off we went to Palmer's Farm.



That's right. Big ass slide.




And then Ephraim got to feed goats.



Corn Mais (clever, ehn?)




After that we hit the road for Monkey World, and I must say that I'm starting to get the hang of driving around here. Getting comfy with the speeds, quick turns, etc… So now the rain has gone from light, misty almost, to kind of heavy. We pull up to Monkey World and the parking lot is pretty full. A LOT of people are still heading in. So we figure the rain can't be that bad, right? The advertising said rain or shine, and why would all these people come otherwise?

It was horrible. I mean, the place looked awesome, but because of the rain none of the monkeys came out. In fact, the only monkey we really saw was Ephraim who was happy to run around, splash in puddles. So it was well worth our price of admission. If we had more time in our trip we'd probably go back as I'm sure Ephraim would love it, and once the monkeys were out it would be fantastic. I just don't understand why so many people where there. I guess we were among them, so there's that...


On the way home we stopped at a Tesco, which is a supermarket over here. I love looking through grocery stores in other countries, seeing their similarities and their differences. I could have taken a dozen pictures, but this baby food had to be my favourite:




When we got back to the cottage we noticed that there was a little organic food shop next door so we walked over. I wish we'd seen it before we'd done most of our shopping, not sure how much we'll need now, but it was lovely, and Ephraim made a new friend in the owner's dog. He brought Ephraim a rock to throw for him. No balls for this dog!





Tomorrow I think we're going to stay mostly in the Dorchester area near where we're staying.


No comments: