Sunday, February 17, 2013

1811 - Finding Nemo


I haven't watched this in forever and got to re-visit it with my son.  I remember really liking it, but I was really happy to see how well it holds up and delights the next generation.  It's a film that's got a wonderful heart with a tragic beginning.  It's got wonderful character and comedy moments and fantastic set pieces.  The fact that an animated film with a parent as the lead character is as powerful as this one with children is no small feat.  Last week they formally announced that this film was getting a sequel - now as much as I love this - I'm just not sure that it's the kind of thing that warrants it - it's a stand alone masterpiece, and it feels a tinge like Pixar is running out of steam on original ideas.  I'm hoping that's not the case.
If you haven't seen this one, you're doing yourself a disservice whether you've got kids or not, it's worth while through and through!

No comments: