Sunday, July 04, 2010

1365 - Our Hero: season one


Thank the heavens for television on DVD. Seriously. And first off, if you ever see this Cara, I apologize for the photo I picked - it's the best I could find in the www.
Emily has mentioned this show before, and when I worked with Cara's brother Andrew Pifko on a short years ago (see the side panel "Hoff's New Direction") she was excited by the connection. I don't actually know Cara although I'd love to work with her one day, especially after having seen her in this.
Here is a series that is smart, funny, inventive, and has a heart to it. In terms of half-hour teenage shows, I can't think of one that even comes close to this one. It's sad to me that it only lasted two seasons, and I can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes. In truth, I really need to watch more Canadian series in general. We do some pretty good shit on this side of the border.
I don't want to say to much besides that this show is lovely - and I found the entire series in a bin in Zellers for under $5 - so if you're an old fan that wants to revisit, or someone who just likes good television, I can't imagine getting more bang for your buck.

No comments: