Monday, July 04, 2011

Jack of Fables #8: The Fulminate Blade

I'm behind on this one (just realized that the next, and thankfully, finale book of the series is actually out next week).  I was a big fan of Jack of Fables, but I really feel like this series came to it's rightful conclusion with the Great Fables Crossover and that it's petered out ever since.  This volume was interesting enough, and a bit refreshing following Jack Frost instead of his father, but it really just felt like a tangent.  I'm happy to know that this series has come to an end and I do look forward to seeing how they rap it all up.  To people getting into the Fables world, at this rate, I'd almost recommend you not bother with this series following the cross-over (although after I read the finale volume I reserve the right to change my mind!
Jack of Fables Vol. 8: The Fulminate Blade

No comments: