Friday, October 07, 2011

1633 - My Girlfriend's Boyfriend

Every now and then you find a real gem on netflix.  This is said gem.  I don't want to ruin anything, but it's essentially the story of a girl who meets two really amazing guys on the same day and starts a relationship with both, unable to find a good excuse to break up with either.  There's more than that going on, but you'll have to watch it yourself to find out more.
What I like best about this is that neither of the guys are jerks or assholes.  They are both really good options for this woman.  The woman is Alyssa Milano, who I'm certain that I had a crush on back in the Who's The Boss days, but she is a real doll here.  She's beautiful, clearly, but she carries the witty banter with the air of a nerdy girl that makes her all the more attractive.  It's the kind of thing that makes me wonder why the hell we don't see more of her.  She's absolutely terrific in this.
The writing is pretty fun.  For what it's worth there isn't a lot of laugh out loud moments, rather it's just the kind of film where you have a consistent smile on your face the entire time that you're watching it and there's something to be said for that.  My other highlight is Christopher Gorham.  The who make a really sweet couple.
I really liked that the film tackled a core conflict (although not till the very end) that we don't see that often in the movies. 
So for those who like romantic-comedies this is a pretty decent one - and for those who like rom-coms and have netflix, you have absolutely no excuse not to check this out.

No comments: