Tuesday, May 14, 2013

1837 - Vegucated


It's hard for to write about food documentaries like a regular review on here.  I'm a pescatarian, which is a vegetarian that eats fish - and I tell you, after watching something like this I start to strongly question that choice as well… so much about what we eat and why is tied to closely to tradition for tradition's sake.  No one who lives in any kind of civilized place can make a solid argument for why you need to consume animal products - you just can't outside of choice and desire.  This is a pretty fresh take on the subject and it's director introduces the ideas with humour and then gets you comfy before pulling out the more uncomfortable stuff. 
If you're reading this and you're a meat-eater - I get it.  I was a meat-eater for a long time, and it's only been five years since I've drastically changed the way I eat.  Here's the thing - even if you don't care about animals, even if you don't care about what the meat and dairy industry does to the planet - you should at least look at what reducing some of the stuff can do to your body.  Over the last 5 years I've lost around a hundred pounds without really trying all that hard.  I'm still trying to lose more, and that's tougher once you plateau - but I definitely feel a shit-load healthier.  It scares me to think what I'd look like if I hadn't changed my diet.  So there's that.  Do or do not, but make an informed decision before dismissing something like this.

No comments: