Thursday, October 01, 2009

1274 - I'm Not There


I've been looking forward to this film for a long time, and I have to be honest. I was sadly disappointed. I applaud the idea, and I'm not quite sure what I expected, but I didn't get whatever it was. I think what bothers me is that I don't feel like I learned anything about him. I suppose part of the point is that he's a complete contradiction and there is no absolute truth to him, in which case, if that's true, than this film serves as little more than an experiment in performance in style, in which the film excels at. All the above performances were quite wonderful, and the film looked gorgeous, it's just a shame that I didn't give a damn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

same feelings here... great performances, but what the fuck was that?