Saturday, October 10, 2009

1279 - It's All Gone, Pete Tong


It's been years since I've seen this film. Anthony mentioned it the other day when we were talking about our favourite Canadian films. Emily had never seen it so I figured since we were heading up to the farm I could bring it along. It's an unfair trick I play, I bring along a limited selection and I stack it with films I know that she has absolutely no interest in seeing, and then some little gems like this that she, on her own accord, probably wouldn't watch. I think she's starting to believe me when I say that there are good Canadian films out there and this is one of them.

The film just feels really really nice. Paul Kaye is brilliant as Frankie Wilde, to the point where in the beginning you're not quite sure that you want to follow this guy on a journey, but by the end you're just soooo interested in what's going to happen with him. It's a joy, really. I need to listen to Michael Dowse's commentary to this at some point in the near future - I'm interested in him as a filmmaker and can't wait to see what he's been working on since this and Fubar.

No comments: