Saturday, October 03, 2009

1276 - Funny Games


First off I want to make it clear that I watched this film as a recommendation for something I'm in the process of writing. Secondly, I'd like to state for the record that I would never ever consider making a film such as this.
Before I go on a rant, I'll say this - I've never seen a film so rife with tension. So that's it's best and only quality. I've also never seen a film so soulless and empty. What's terrible and irritating about the film is that the director didn't make it to tell a story. He just wants to punish us for wanting to see this movie in the first place. So while I know saying this might just pique your interest, please do yourself a favor and do not see this film. It has zero redeeming qualities and practically makes a film like Hostel seem like a wholesome family film.
I will never, ever, watch any film by Michael Haneke again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God, is this the end of our blossoming friendship? You really hate every movie I love! What a brilliant, brilliant film...

;(