Thursday, October 01, 2009

TUWOPS: Exec Screening

So tonight we screened a rough cut of the film for our exec producers. I saw it as a good sign that I was excited and not nervous to show it to them. As far as I could tell it went over extremely well. They laughed often and in all the right spots, and through these multiple viewings I’m getting a really strong sense of what’s working really really well, and what can use some further tweaking. We didn’t have time to do a big chat, and I think that in all fairness they’ll need to watch it again before they can give any critical comments, but things are feeling really good. So I look forward to their notes and to setting up some test screenings with people who know nothing about the film.

I probably haven’t done this yet, and so there’s no better place than here to do so. I just want to give a big shout-out to our execs. I’m not sure if they’re cool with me naming them here, so I won’t – but they’re a bunch of class-act fellas. They’ve given us a lot of creative freedom and room to play in and I think that it’s given us a chance to really shine. Moreso I’m glad that they seem to be happy with this film in it’s early stage. I joked with them at the beginning of the screening that it didn’t matter if they liked it or not since they’ve already paid for it, but to be honest I would have been sad if they weren’t happy. I’m glad that they are. Still some road ahead of us. I’m looking forward to playing some more with the footage and then getting it in front of a virgin audience.

No comments: