Saturday, October 24, 2009

1281 - Saw V


Okay. Now I wouldn't say I'm a Saw fan - but I do find something interesting about this series, so screw it, I'm a fan. I like the mystery element. Even if the films themselves are... okay... I like the way they tease and never fill in all the blanks. Hell I'm still waiting for Cary Elwes to come back! Mostly I just watched this to gear up for the new installment which I'll try to check out sometime this week.
This isn't the strongest film in the series, but that's okay. It feels like everyone's getting a kick at the can of directing one of these films, and so here's the production designer taking his turn. He directed it like a production designer would. It looks great, but the acting suffers more in this installment than in any of the others.

No comments: