Saturday, April 26, 2014

1994 - Honey I Shrunk the Kids


It was movie night and this is what my son picked after I pitched the premise to him.  Given that this film is almost 25 years old (I know, I know...) the tech isn't as dated as you'd think - they did a lot of stuff in camera, so it's really just the monster stuff where theres some pretty shitty green-screen animation comps.
Let's be honest - this film is pure entertainment - it's all about turning a backyard into a playground with water slides and creatures.  If this film came out today it would demand a theme park at Disney World.  It's pretty cheesy, but it's a lot of fun - and it was great to watch my son's jaw drop various times through-out watching.  I think it over whelmed him because he said that he loved it and he hated it - which usually just means that it scared him a bit.  So there's that - it still holds up for the next generation - AND it's on Netflix - so enjoy!

No comments: