Tuesday, April 29, 2014

1998 - Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil


This was my selection for Canadian Film Day!  I wanted to watch something I hadn't seen before and I'm really glad I went with this one.  It would have been so easy for this premise to be terrible.  It's the story of two friends who get assumed to be redneck killers, and in the same confusion believe that the teens that think are being victimized are going after them (make sense?).
It's a really great (and bloody) comedy of errors and Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine are pure magic together.  Seriously - turn this into a Harold & Kumar-esque franchise and I am in for revisiting this world in a heart beat.  It's a bit over the top, but that's the point - this isn't the kind of film that's taking itself too seriously.  This is a really solid entry into the horror-comedy genre mix - and it's on netflix, so get on that!

No comments: