Friday, April 08, 2011

1545 - Revenge of the Nerds

I think when I was younger that I actually saw the second film in this series first and so whenever I watch this I keep expecting to see certain scenes that don't show up until later.  Another thing that I'm enjoying about Netflix is having gems like this catch my attention again.
This is a rare 80's film that stands up really really well.  The dialogue isn't cheesy - or overly anyway, and the story moves at a great clips with lots of fun stuff.  I think that what makes this work well with a mass audience is that the "nerds" aren't presented as stereotypes to the full extent that a lesser move would have.  It's not perfect, of course not, but it's pretty decent for what it is and even more so for standing the test of time.  For those who have never seen it, do yourself a favor - it's worth the hour and a half.  It's a classic simple underdog story about a group of nerds fighting for their rights on a college campus.  For the nerds inside all of this - check it out.  I just hope that Netflix adds the rest of the series!
Revenge of the Nerds - Panty Raid Edition  Revenge of the Nerds: The Atomic Wedgie Collection

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heh heh..boobies!