Friday, July 26, 2013

1872 - Friends With Benefits


It's nothing new, but more romantic comedies aren't really funny.  They aren't heavy dramas, so they get lumped into another category without really having to early the 'comedy' banner.  They're more amusing, and sometimes delightful, but I can probably count on my two hands how many "rom-coms" I've laughed out loud at.  This, sadly, wasn't one.  However - I did like it - because it was entertaining, and amusing - and that's not a bad thing at all.  Kunis is pretty damn delightful and Timberlake is a perfect match for her here.  They spend a good chunk at the beginning mocking the traditional rom-com format before succumbing to it themselves - which is just an odd-meta choice.
If you're in the mood for a decent modern rom-com, this one fits the bill nicely.  If you laugh out loud at it, please let me know.

No comments: