Saturday, July 27, 2013

1874 - Safety Not Guaranteed


I've been trying to think about how to start talking about this film, but it's difficult - there's so much to like.  The premise is really charming and lovely.  The film is heartfelt and charming.  And the cast is delightful.  I fell in love with Aubrey Plaza in this film whereas I'd always just enjoyed her in the past.  She was so fantastic.  Duplass was enjoyable as always as is Jake Johnson - who some might say just does the same schtick in every film, but it works damn well for me :)  And I also don't agree with that - he's not trying to be a character actor by any means, but there's a nice dimension amongst the roles he's played.  I dig him.
If you don't know anything about it, it's about a magazine assignment to do a piece on a guy who claims he can go back in time.  I don't want to give anything away because it's such a great story, and a really fantastic ending.  If you like heartfelt comedy, this is a perfect fit for you.  Really really lovely film.

No comments: