Sunday, July 06, 2008

1075 - The Office: season one (U.S.)


OK. I'll be honest. I avoided this show. To be fair I watched the pilot episode and since it was mostly a rip-off of the British one, which I loved so much, I decided to tune out. Big mistake.
Sure the characters are just Americanized versions, but I think they're a little bit more, there's a slightly different skew to each of them and it works really really well. The stories are unique to North America dealing with health care, etc... Although a short season by U.S. standards it was beautiful. Some ridiculously funny bits. I imagine this show would be tough to cut with a lot of great material to choose from.
What I'm interested in seeing the most is how well the show can sustain itself over the course of sixty-plus episodes, and how they deal with the Tim/Pam dynamic. I'm officially a fan.

No comments: