Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1079 - Degrassi Junior High: season one


I think I saw this show when I was younger, I remember the faces for sure, but that's about it. Emily's big into it, so I'm watching it with her. Gotta be honest, it's growing on me. Now to be fair, these are all real kids, not actors (not at the beginning) and so a certain amount of forgiveness must be given for certain performances. That aside, along with some really cheesy scenarios, which you have to expect in a melo-drama, it's a pretty unique show, especially when you consider that no one else was really talking about a lot of these issues in teenager's programming.
I love the ensemble feel and how you drift in and out of these kids lives, and how even though we learn more about some of them, the other kids are still oblivious to just how much is going on with them. I need to break from the show, but I'm looking forward to the second season.

No comments: