Thursday, July 31, 2008

1091 - Heat


This film has come up in conversation a lot lately, and since it was cheap at HMV I couldn't resist picking it up. I saw it when it first came out on video many moons ago, and I didn't remember a lot from it. Not surprising. A lot of people praise this film. I wish I knew why. Are the actors great? Yeah. But the story is just so slow and... doesn't.... quite... get... to.... the.... point. I get that they are the same but opposite. It just feels like it's trying to be more Shakespearean than it is. Honestly, a show like 'The Wire' does what I think this film wishes it did. I don't mean to speak ill of Mr. Mann, and this is by no means a bad film, it just doesn't blow my away the way it should have given how highly people regard it.
Kinda let down to be honest. Oh well, ho hum. There it is.

No comments: