Sunday, July 27, 2008

1090 - Knocked Up


I've been wanting to watch this film again for awhile now, but my Dad had it. When I'm writing something new I pick some reference films and this is one for something I'm in the midst of at the moment. This film isn't perfect, but it's still a lot of fun. My only big problem with this film is that I don't buy it when she tells him that she loves him. Maybe I'm not supposed to, and maybe that's the point, but it's never quite clear. I buy at the end that she's turned to him and that mostly works. I think I just wanted a slight bit more chemistry between them.
I love Paul Rudd and Leslie Mann in this film. I think that there's more truth in their relationship than in the rest of the film (not that there isn't some great bits when it comes to the pregnancy), but what I love about the B story in this film is that it's what Alison and Ben could turn into. Leslie Mann's sad scene is really fantastic. I like her.
I'm big on the Apatow camp and I look forward to many more things from them. I need to revisit '40 Year Old Virgin' at some point.

No comments: